Monday, August 25, 2008

CANCER FREE - 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

In October 2006 - Breast Cancer Awareness Month - I found I had Breast Cancer. It's been a little over a year since my chemo, surgery and radiation treatments. I just had my 3rd followup with my oncologist and the news was good. No Cancer. Four more years to go before I can say I'm truly Cancer free.

I know many of you reading this have also had Breast Cancer or know someone close to you that has. I'm grateful that everything turned out well for me and wish you all the best of luck.

For the rest of you - DO YOUR REGULAR MONTHLY SELF EXAMS! I wasn't good about it. I called it my irregular monthly exams but that is how I found the Cancer. It was stage 3! I had also been late with my mammogram. Everywhere you hear how important these check points are and I'm here to ask you to listen. It could save your life.

Also, I want to thank my surgeon, Dr. Ames Smith and my oncologist, Dr. Tom Tucker.
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/home/index.asp

No comments: