Monday, November 24, 2008

What's for Dinner? Happy Thanksgiving

We are going to my sisters house in Buda for Thanksgiving. Finally we have started trading Thanksgiving dinner duties so that I don't have to cook every time. However, I'm still responsible for the dressing, pumpkin pie and a vegetable.

My favorite part of the dinner is the dressing which my husband and I make together because it requires a lot of gathering and slicing. We've added so many ingredients over the years that we think it's really special. We start with a cornbread which I make and mix in onions, garlic, celery, red bell peppers, mushrooms, sausage and touch of jalapenos for a hint of spicy. But it doesn't stop there because my husband has an herb garden so we also add fresh oregano, parsley, rosemary and thyme some olive oil and chicken broth. Yum, yum.

My sister has her own tradition and that is black olives. Yes, there must be black olives as a condiment for my sister to consider it Thanksgiving.

It seems most of us like that traditional meal but some families have thier own traditions that are different than others. What's yours?

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

No comments: