Monday, December 3, 2007

HOW REAL ESTATE COMMISSIONS WORK

A potential client asked me to reduce my commission because his house would probably sell in 2 weeks. What a curious thing to ask. I'm thinking, if it takes longer than 2 weeks will I get more commission? If that's how it works, should I slow the marketing process so it won't sell as quickly?

The truth is I put all the effort I can into selling a house quickly. Most of the work I do is in the first 2 weeks and negotiating after an offer is submitted. Just as the home seller wants to be compensated for the work they do at their job, so the REALTOR® wants to be compensated for their.

I charge a 6% commission which I split with the buyers agent and then split again with Amelia Bullock Realtors plus I pay for MLS membership fees, conitnuing education and the marketing of a home. If you use my services to sell your home and buy a new one, I will reduce my commission on the sale of your home to 5%.

Did you know that national statistics show that 9 out of 10 for sale by owers eventually list with a REALTOR®? As a real estate professional, I'm here to make the process as smooth and easy as possible. If you have any questions or would like a presentation on how I can help you, call or email 512.589.7988 or robin@robinscottrealtor.com

No comments: