Friday, March 27, 2009

Competing Offers on Houses in Austin

What's a buyer to do?

Yes, it's true. I had sent the offer to my buyers so they could sign the offer and as we were on the phone discussing it, the other REALTOR called to say she had another offer coming in. Wow! Did I see that coming? Yes I did.

The house my buyers have their heart set on is owned by a REALTOR and in the popular community of Avery Ranch. When it comes to selling a house, a REALTOR knows what he/she is doing. This house was very clean, beautifully staged and priced RIGHT. It had only been on the market 5 days.

What did my buyers decide to do? There is no way you can predict how the other buyers will respond. Upon hearing there is another offer, they may decide not to get involved in a "biding war." However, they may offer full price or higher. We decided to increase our offer. Wish us luck.

Oh, and by the way, this is the second time in 3 months I've experienced competing offers. Do you think there is a change in the market?

And, I want to be your REALTOR®! If there is any information you would like regarding relocating to the Austin area, let me know. You can contact me at robin@robinscottrealtor.com, 512.589.7988 or just comment on this blog entry.

Search for homes through Austin MLS
Find your home's value
Buying or selling? Hire an experienced professional. Call Robin Scott, Broker at 512.589.7988.

Like us on facebook!

No comments: